Friday, July 18, 2008
The Philadelphia Orchestra
Rossen Milanov, conductor
Charlotte Blake Alston, speaker
Gordon Theatre, Rutgers-Camden
Rutgers Camden FREE Neighborhood Concert
BERNSTEIN Overture to Candide
GERSHWIN Porgy and Bess, A Symphonic Picture
CLEARFIELD Kabo omowale (Welcome Home Child), for narrator, chorus, and orchestra
TCHAIKOVSKY 1812 Overture
SOUSA "The Stars and Stripes Forever" March
1. Muslims and Christians at the Table
2. Genesis and Archaeology
3. Singing and Making Music
4. Age of Opportunity
5. Here Am I, Send Me
6. Linked to Someone in Pain
7. Art for God's Sake
9. Outer Strength, Inner Strength
10. Icarus in the Boardroom
11. Terminal Mind
12. Life is Relationships
14. Themes and Variations for a Christian Doxology
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Street closures will occur on Rittenhouse Square Street
Street closures will occur on Rittenhouse Square Street between 17th and 18th the next 2 weekends:
- June 19 for pouring concrete slab and new condos going up. Spruce and 17th will remain open, but people will see police presence and construction activity
- The following weekend 17th will also be closed from Locust to Spruce for erecting the crane .
More details are on Tenth's website.
HOOPS 4 JESUS
When: August 9th, 2008, 11am
Where: Temple Ambler Outdoor Courts
Fee: *$39.00 / team, if registered by 7/23/08
*$45.00 / team, if registered by 7/31/08
*$51.00 / team, if registered by 8/05/08
*Fee Includes lunch & refreshments
*Trophy & prizes awarded to a champion
All proceeds will be used to purchase audio & visual Bibles, gospel & sermon CD’s, and mini-stereos for the residents at the Cheltenham York Nursing Home so that God’s message of hope and salvation can be delivered to them on a regular basis regardless of their state.
“And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me” (Matthew 25:40 KJV).
For Registration / Questions: (267)243-8713 / Hoops4Jesus@mail.com
Boice Preaching Test
1. What is the last book of the Bible Dr. Boice was preaching?
2. Dr. Boice preached nine sermons on these two verses, each time making the congregation recite them out loud.
3. It is from this chapter of a book he never preached through, that Dr. Boice found the biblical basis for his own commitment to stay in the city.
4. It is the first book he preached through at Tenth.
5. What book claims the record for most sermons by Dr. Boice?
6. Before the NIV translation, what translation did Dr. Boice preach through?
7. He began preaching through this book in the evening, but completed it in the morning.
8. What three chapters in the gospels were preached through twice in separate sermon series?
9. What is Dot Boersma's favorite sermon series of Dr. Boice?
10. How many Bible books did Dr. Boice complete?