Saturday, March 27, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Part-Time Administrative Assistant Position
Position opens August 2010 at Diane Langberg & Associates. Fax letter of interest and resume to 215-885-8510.
DC Robotics Club
The DC Knights Robotics Club placed first in the Robotics Skills Challenge among 29 teams at the VEX Robotics Eastern Pennsylvania Regional Championships held on Saturday, March 13, in Downingtown. The win qualifies the team to compete in the VEX Robotics Competition World Championship to be held in Dallas on April 22-24.
DC's pilot Robotics Club is in its first year of existence, under the direction of DC Science Department Chair, Jim Crane. Team members include seniors Stephan Botes and Patrick Hochstuhl, junior James Kurtz, and sophomore Ian Botes.
- The VEX Robotics Competition is the largest and fastest growing middle and high school robotics program globally with more than 2,000 teams from 20 countries playing in over 150 tournaments worldwide. Local VEX Robotics Competition events are being held in many different cities, states and countries.
- This year's game is Clean Sweep. Students, with guidance from their teachers and mentors, aim to build the most innovative robots possible and work together to obtain the most points possible. In addition to just having a great time and building amazing robots, through their participation in the VEX Robotics Competition and their work within their team, students will learn many academic and life skills.
If you would like to learn more about the DC Knights Robotics Club, please contact Jim Crane.
To learn more about the competition, follow this link.
Delaware County Christian School Open House
Please join us for an Open House on Sunday, April 11, 2010 from 2-4 pm. The Open house will begin at our Upper Campus (Malin Road) followed by tours of both campuses. Our mission is to educate students who will serve God and impact the world through biblical thought and action. For more information, contact the Admissions Office at 610-353-6522 ext. 2285.
Tenth Presbyterian Church Internships 2010-2011
Monday, March 22, 2010
Need freedom from darkness? Step into the light…, by Rev. David White
A new post on the passion/purity blog. Here.
Liberia Collection: March 28 and April 4
The Tenth team traveling to Liberia March 30 and April 6-19 wants to bless the orphans we will be visiting with items we have packed in our suitcases. Donations may be received in the Tenth Reception Hall in a box marked for this purpose. Here are items we are looking for:
- Powdered drinks (with Splenda)
- Tylenol, cold/cough syrup
- Black shoes (for school)
- Eye glasses
- Soccer balls, Frisbees
- Team tee shirts (set with numbers)
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste
- Rat traps
- Used cell phones that use SIM cards
Helping Others Change class
In an effort to help equip brothers and sisters for personal growth and ministry and to become better equipped to be instruments of change in the lives of others, the Philadelphia Access Center will be holding a "Helping Others Change" course beginning on Saturday, April 3rd and concluding on Saturday, June 26th. The classes run for approximately 2 hours (9:30 till around 11:30 AM). These classes are relatively small classes and great times of fellowship with brothers and sisters from various churches in the area. If you would like to join us or need more information, please contact Joe Welch or call at 215 389-1985 ext.25.