Just wanted to send a quick update to all of you as we approach the half-way point of the Xn Street Outreach. Thanks so much for your prayers, and thank you to those of you who have been sending encouraging emails/texts/phone calls to assure us of your prayers. God has been hearing and answering them.
Some specific ways that God is answering prayer--
- the weather has been good. We held the kids' program inside yesterday, but we were able to use the outdoor basketball court and to have the message and the dinner outside.
- people are coming! Yesterday we had almost 25 kids in the kids' program and between 35-40 in the basketball program. We weren't able to get a full count for dinner, but we're guessing it was between 175 and 200.
- favor with the Marian Anderson staff. All the staff members have been extremely supportive, encouraging, and helpful.
- volunteers. Every afternoon and evening we've had many people come (mostly from Tenth, but some from other churches) to help with basketball, the kids program, food prep and serving, and mingling with our neighbors.
- provision of food, etc. Each day we've been surprised by more people than we'd expected bringing food and supplies that we needed; it's been really encouraging to have people participate in this way.
Please keep praying for--
- team unity, especially among the teens. Because the girls from CCA are working with the basketball program while the others are working on the kids' program, it's a bit challenging for them all to feel like they're working together on the same team.
- energy. We're putting in pretty long days, with a lot of work that requires a high level of energy throughout. We are very aware of our need for God's strength.
- more people to come. We still have more room in both the kids' program and the basketball camp. And we still have more food we can serve at dinner-- please pray that more people would come!
- salvation of souls. Although we're excited to be part of this "community outreach," our goal is not just
to create goodwill in the neighborhood. Please pray that people would hear and believe the gospel. Pray that the Holy Spirit would anoint the gospel as it is shared during the programs and at dinner.
Thank you for your prayers! We hope too see you down at Marian Anderson (dinner/message at 5:30 each night)! Please especially consider coming for the prayer meeting tomorrow night at 7:30 as we join with other churches to pray for our city!
~ anne, for the whole Xn St team :)