Monday, March 13, 2006

Got Vision?

Hope you were able to attend some of the Urban Missions Conference, because I am very excited about what I learned. Bill Krispin ran through the history of Philly from 1720 to the present highlighting driving forces that developed this great city and the Greater Philadelphia region. (Skeptic that I am, I was shocked to find the Mummers Parade is a very old tradition in our city -- guess I have to go visit that museum in South Philly!) With this backdrop, Saturday morning Bruce Finn, "Coordinator of Strategic Fun", then painted in various church fellowships in the area as well as neighborhoods targeted with prayer for new church plants. If that were not enough, we had four godly leaders of churches in the area join in a discussion of how we might better understand, pray and get involved in what God is doing in our midst. (Personally, I was challenged by Doug's words to encourage out teens not only to find good churches and get involved, but also to be committed to that fellowship.) Got vision?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home