Monday, January 23, 2006

Sermon Feedback

Any feedback to give to Phil's or Aaron's sermon messages? I appreciated Phil's comparison with the blind beggar. That got me to thinking about a comparison with the rich ruler. Both were wealthy. One regarded himself as righteous, while the other knew himself to be a sinner. One could not bring himself to part from his wealth; the other gladly gave from his riches. One regarded giving as a sacrifice; the other regarded giving as a joy. Reminds me of the other story of Jesus at the home of the Pharisee Simon who learned the lesson that "he who is forgiven little, loves little."

3 Comments:

Blogger JesseHubley said...

I was particularly intrigued by Phil's observation that Zacchaeus repented of the very sin that plagued him the most before he met Jesus. I have been reflecting on this and how it relates to repentance in my life.

I was also encouraged by the evangelistic nature of the sermon since my parents and two friends (all non-believers) were in attendance. The emphasis on how Jesus can meet you uninvited in the middle of your busy life was a particularly insightful message in this day and age of hectic schedules and lifestyles.

I missed the evening service, so my apologies to Aaron, but I will try to catch it on SermonAudio today.

9:49 AM  
Blogger cskempf said...

Phil's sermon was a keeper. Each week as he applies his teaching and enumerates the sins of
God's people, I think, "Was he watching me, or what?!" and each week he comes up with new sins which apply....So, I guess I was, er, challenged.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How blessed are we to have a Pastor that consistently and faithfully parses the Word of God so that we can truly benefit from God's gracious revelation to us.

Phil's sermons these past two weeks have been especially stong, and indeed keeper's, and I praise God today, as I did these past two Sunday's, for the privilege of sitting under such sound and inspired teaching.

We are truly blessed. What God intends for us to know, Phil faithfully proclaims. All praise to God alone!

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home