Monday, December 12, 2005

Christmas Delivery

Late on Christmas Eve, my husband and I both faced the facts. Tomorrow I would need to be checked out, whether it was a holiday or not. I remember feeling very uneasy both about the baby, but honestly probably more about the things I felt still needed to be done. Looking back I realize how foolish I was and to bed we went.

My water broke early Christmas morning around 4:30 a.m. and we knew this was from the Lord. After calling on a dear aunt and uncle to pinch hit here, we rushed off to the hospital where our dear, sweet Eleanor Jan arrived safely at 4:30 Christmas afternoon. How grateful we were to the Lord for His mercy.

Now with our fears laid to rest, Jeff and I wanted to be able to daily remind ourselves of His sovereign protection over our baby during those last quiet weeks in utero. That verse from Luke Chapter One came to mind and we toyed with different nicknames. How could we remember that particular part, "leaping in the womb?" Leapy Linton? That wasn't quite what we were after... But what about Skipping? or Skippy? Yes, that's it... Skippy Linton, the best Christmas present I've ever received.

Allison Linton

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for shraing this with us!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home