Friday, December 09, 2005

The Christmas Pageant

Susan Russo sent this Christmas memory in:

One of my earliest Christmas memories is from when my parents and I attended a small Baptist church in Long Island, New York. Every year, the church had a Christmas pageant. The pageant began the telling of Christmas Story with the Garden of Eden and ended with the resurrection-
displaying the true meaning of Christmas. My family was always involved in the production. When I was five, I played the part of a shepherd. When I was six, I was promoted to an Angel and got to sing "Angels we have heard on high" with the other six-year-olds. I had poster- board wings and a garland head-piece. My parents took the parts of Adam and Eve one year. Since true-to-life costumes would be inappropriate, they wore white choir robes before the fall and the pastor's black robes after. I didn't realize until a few years later that Adam and Eve were actually naked in the Garden!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home