Monday, July 23, 2012

Inviting Neighbors

Several Tenth members went to Rittenhouse Square Sunday afternoon to invite people to the Music@theGates event held last night. Here is a report from one volunteer:


Interns John Sullivan and Ben Hutton (with his wife Hannah) and a couple of other intrepid soles (small pun) went to Rittenhouse Square around 4:30 to spread the news about the free jazz concert and to hand out the little cards with worship service times,etc. We had some great conversations!! I proffered a card to a sprightly man wearing a blue cap who was sitting on a bench with a friend. He started to chuckle. I thought someone else had given him a card already and was about to apologize when he asked, "Don' t you recognize me? No.....I didn't. I was embarrassed to find out that I was speaking to Elder Michael Kennedy!

We did see a few people at the concert whom we had talked to, so I think it was worth the effort. Hannah talked to one girl who meant to come to the service in the morning but didn't get up in time. So, I think it was good to make an effort in the neighborhood, and I'll sign up to do it again.

You can join in the effort. They will do it again August 26.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home