Thursday, September 16, 2010

Barbara Toner

Yesterday morning, Wednesday, September 15, Tenth member Barbara Toner died after a battle with cancer. Be in prayer for her husband Bob and their family. I will post particulars about viewing and funeral when known.


Blogger Greenclement said...

Dr. Barbara Toner was my son's first grade teacher. She believed in him when no one else did. Seven years ago, on back to school night, I was just trying to blend in with the other Moorestown mothers even tough my son was out of district and deaf. I remember Barb looking at me and me bracing myself to hear what SHE thought was wrong with him. Then she said said, "Your son is a leader." The truth is, I had not heard many positive remarks about my son before then and I treasured her comment and still hold it close to my heart to draw on when things are bad. Dr. Barbara Toner was my son's teacher and mine, too. She made a difference in our lives.

12:50 AM  
Blogger M Clark said...

This was also emailed to me:
Barbara was my son's first grade teacher and was wonderful with him as well as a delightful person and dedicated teacher. I was very sad to learn of her death as was my son, who is now in 6th grade. Many in our community here in Moorestown are very sad. I hope Barbara's family will come to know the impact she had on so many.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home