Monday, October 19, 2009

Serve me up a third cup of prayer

Because I enjoy adventure stories (and consider my own life a bit of an adventure), Three Cups of Tea was right up my alley! Wandering lost in the shadows of K2. Living in a local village. Learning the language and allowing his heart to be moved by their need -- a need that enriched his life and gave him direction. It is exactly how I see myself in Christ......except I have never done any of those things...except in prayer. It is one of the reasons I delight in knowing our partners from around the world who ARE doing these extraordinary feats of grace, and I am humbled to realize I can stand with them in their ministry through prayer. More than just building physical schools for an education for here and now, our friends heave building blocks of grace into place speaking and living out the glories of the Gospel and, in some small way, you and I can join in their spiritual labors through prayer.

In Three Cups of Tea I learned so much more about Pakistan and Afghanistan and Islam, "listening to the wind" and, yes, having a third cup of tea when understanding, real talk and business is conducted. I'm looking forward to spending a bit of time to linger over a cup of tea in November. Serve me up a third cup of prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home