Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Real Mountain Climbing

I just put down Three Cups of Tea. Over the years, I would hear of stories of mountain climbers and other adventurers who braved all manner of physical hardship for the goal of simply of saying "I did it." Perhaps it's because I shy away from physical hardship (walking in subzero temperature with little air - please!), but the thought I would have is that their mountains did not compare to the "mountain" of working among the needy. Such workers are the real adventurers.

Here is the story of a mountain adventurer who became a real adventurer, climbing greater mountains than he had ever intended. His story is a challenge to us who have the great cause of Christ's mercy to bring to the world. His faith is in the power of education; what should our faith in the power of the gospel lead us to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home