Thursday, October 01, 2009

Email Spam

For the second time a spammer has gotten into an account of a Tenth staffer or former staffer. It is the same message as before. Please know that you would never be sent an email like this asking for money. If one of our global partners or staff members really needed such help, they know how to get it without sending an email to you, and certainly not an email that does not address you personally. This email is especially troublesome in that it uses the correct email of the former staffer and even the signature Bible verse he normally has.

"How are you doing? I am sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling for a Missionary program. It is currently held in Nigeria, Sweden and Kenya. I am presently in Nigeria. It as been a very sad and bad moment for me because I got robbed on my way to the hotel where I lodged. My ID, Credit card, cash and other valuables I have with me got stolen, I contacted the embassy here to help me out but it will take some time to get back to me,which is why I am approaching you for assistance The total sum of money that i would need would be $2,500 to sort-out my hotel bills and get myself back home. I will appreciate your help, I promise I will pay you back upon my return, Let me know if you can assist me so that i can send you the details to use when sending the money through western union. Peace & Joy. Hope to hear from you soon."

name of staffer

“For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." (Rom 10:4)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home