Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Ready Notify PA

Joe Brydges sent this in:

I and others are already getting these on our cell phones at work. Last night's shutdown of I-76 was the first message sent using this network that I received. A great thing to have.
Joe Brydges

Tired of sitting in traffic due to a major road closure? Through a partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), ReadyNotifyPA can now send you real-time notifications of unscheduled major roadway closures in the Philadelphia region. The roadways included in this effort are: I-76, I-95, I-476, I-676, PA 10, PA 30, PA 100, PA 309, PA 611, US 1, US 202, US 322, and US 422. Once enrolled, you can receive real-time alerts when any of these roadways are closed (and when they are reopened) due to a vehicle crash, weather incident, emergency roadwork, or another unexpected event.

To sign up for these alerts, please visit http://phila.alertpa.org. Choose from two new ReadyNotifyPA groups, "Road Closures 24x7" and "Road Closures 7a-10p". The first will send the alerts as they occur, 24 hours a day, while the second will limit the real-time alerts to only be delivered between 7:00AM and 10:00PM EST. Contact us if you have any questions.

The City of Philadelphia Office of Emergency Management Ready Notify Helpdesk: 877-READY-11 or warning@phila.gov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home