Monday, December 26, 2005

Thank You

I know that Christmas Eve and Christmas Day required lots of work for musicians (Paul Jones in particular), the Deacons/esses, and the sextons. But if the fruit of one's labors is the reward, then they are well rewarded indeed. Being in church, more than anything else, is what blessed my Christmas experience. I had the delight of attending every service. We Christians have it best to worship the Lord whose birth we truly believe. And we cannot outgrow this Christmas story; only grow in awe of its mystery. Thank you to all who put much labor to make this Christmas one of the most delightful and meaningful experiences I have had.

3 Comments:

Blogger s duggan said...

AMEN and AMEN, though I didn't attend all the services what a blessing it was, especially being far from all relatives except my immediate family to start the day with my large church family and share the joy and enthusiasm of worshiping on special day.

4:16 PM  
Blogger JesseHubley said...

Ditto to the previous comment... my wife and I were only able to attend the 9:00 service, but it was a great blessing and the high point of my Christmas.

Any thought to perhaps a single Christmas morning service every year, regardless of whether it is a Sunday or not? I'm sure there are reasons why we do not do that, but not having grown up in a Presbyterian church (or any church) I am not familiar with why that is (though I realize the extra strain on pastors, deacons/esses, and their families, especially on the heels of the Christmas Eve service).

9:39 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

I'm new to this "blogging" thing (what is the origin of that word??), but feel compelled to add another "AMEN" to the chorus (duet) of appreciation for last Sunday's Christmas service. We knew grief and sorrow this past year, and that in addition to other personal trials and an acute awareness of the wider agonies of war and disaster created both a deep distaste for the "turkish delight" of the "holiday spirit" and that yearning that can be satisfied only with God himself. We were so grateful that Tenth held our Sunday service, and Phil's sermon brought the Truth for which our hearts longed. We feasted on it throughout that day as we later drove through dreary rain and fog to Scranton for the night. Our heartfelt thanks to God and to all his willing servants who made this somber Christmas one we will always remember as very special.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home