Thursday, December 01, 2005

Christmas Decorating

Today's Christmas memory comes from Sylvia Duggan. I hope to post one everyday up to Christmas, so send me your memories and stories and recipes. Email me at mclark@tenth.org.

Paul and I were married on December 10th. When we returned from our honeymoon week, one of the first things we had to do was move the last of my things out of my old apartment and clean it. We were helped in this task by our wonderful best man, Joel Garver. While the guys took one last load to the new apartment I finished up the cleaning. It took them forever to return and when they did I was worn out and more then a little grumpy from waiting so long. I don't think I held my grumpiness too well. When we got back to the apartment I certainly had to eat crow, for there in our bedroom was a small Christmas tree which they had purchased and set up using the box of Christmas stuff I had sent over with them on an earlier trip. This was
such a special gift from my new husband, all the more so because he had grown up without a tradition of celebrating Christmas (in a Christian family that adhered strongly to the regulative principle), and I was worried about how we would decide what Christmas would look like in our home. (P.S. Its so nice every year when 10th puts up the Christmas Decorations. It looks just like it did on our wedding day, reminding us of the joy of the day and the commitments we made. We always make a point of coming in the Spruce Street doors that first Sunday after the congregational meeting just for the experience of reliving that moment.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home