Friday, September 30, 2005

Symphony Sounds

I have Beethoven's Fifth Symphony running through my mind. The Rykens invited Ginger and me to hear the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra last night and this was featured. It was awesome! Our seats were directly above and back of the orchestra, giving a "behind-the-scenes" perspective. I love the building. I felt like I was sitting inside of an instrument. I saw Paul Jones on the other side, but for some reason he ignored me when I yelled to him between music pieces.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marion,
Glad you are getting to hear the great classics in a great hall. Great music is wonderfully uplifting and one of the things I miss the most at Tenth. And thanks for your last comment that made me laugh out loud! I am around such painfully serious people all the time that it´s truly a joy to read your delightful sense of the absurd and get a good laugh!!! Cheers!

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy and I often wondered what it would be like to see a concert in those seats, then we received our tix for th 175th Anniversary Concert - wouldn't you know it, but that's where we were assigned! I'm still not sure that was the concert we eould have chosen to give those seats a try, but it was a wonderful time just the same.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home