Friday, June 10, 2005

ER - The Clark Episode

After the church picnic softball game (and experiencing a hard fall heroically diving for a grounder) I experienced the expected aches and pains of sore muscles. The pain that wouldn't go away was in my left side. Finally, through urgings of Geri "Mom" Secrest, I went to the ER at Graduate. Four hours later, the diagnosis... "Nothing cracked; just be patient and take Tylenol." I am a bit crestfallen. I would have prefered to heard amazement at my pain tolerance, that if I had waited a few more hours my life would have been endangered, but that the cure was simple and convenient.

My side is painful, honest. It hurts when I cough, sit up or down, and worse of all, when I burp, one of the true pleasures of a man.

David Skeel will be glad to hear one anecdote. I used the time to finish his book Icarus in the Boardroom. When the doctor walked in a saw the book, he noted that it was on his reading list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home