Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Sowing Your Desire

Proverbs 13:2

From the fruit of his mouth a man eats what is good,
but the desire of the treacherous is for violence.

We reap what we sow, and we sow what we desire. If I desire peace with my neighbors, I will sow seeds to bless them and thus obtain peace. If I desire to gain advantage over them, or if I desire only my interests, I will sow seeds that produce conflict and aggravate troubles. If I desire to be productive, I will sow seeds that grow into fruitful plants. If I desire only to consume the produce of others, I will leave barren fields.


What do you desire? What do you desire today at work? To be productive and to help your colleague or merely to get through a day? What do you desire at home? To bless your spouse and children, or simply not to be bothered with problems? Your desire will guide what you say and how you communicate. Desire the right end, and your tongue will say the right words; desire selfish or hurtful ends, and your tongue will produce violence.

Pray for the Lord to give you right desires that you may enjoy good fruit. Pray for the Holy Spirit's sanctifying work in you that you might emulate Christ and show Christ to your neighbor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home