Monday, January 07, 2013

The Path of Righteousness

Proverbs 12:28

In the path of righteousness is life,
and in its pathway there is no death.

The best commentary on this proverb is Jesus' statement: "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die" (John 11:25-26). Or consider another statement: "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). Jesus is the path of righteousness upon which and through which we walk into everlasting life.

Jesus is our righteousness. He has exchanged our rags of sins for his robe of righteousness. We are covered by him; he has opened the way into the holy place by his righteousness, and now we may enter clothed in his righteousness.

While thy glorious praise is sung,
Touch my lips, unloose my tongue,
That my joyful soul may bless Thee,
the Lord my Righteousness.

Meditate on this great truth today. Whatever befalls you; whatever hits you may take today; in the path of Jesus Christ is life, and in Christ there is no death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home