Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pray for New Orleans

Another Hurricane Isaac prayer request, this one from St. Roch Community Church (PCA) in New Orleans.

On the eve of the 7th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, Isaac is stirring up not only the sky and water but the nerves of many New Orleanians. In this time of great uncertainty we ask that you would pray prayers of safety and protection for our city, neighborhood and church family.

Personally the Lord graciously gave me (and the rest of New Orleans) a sign of His promise yesterday.  After 14 hours of ensuring that everyone in our church had a plan, boarding up houses and more, I was putting on the final piece of plywood on my neighbor's roof and saw this rainbow. It was as if God was reminding me of His covenant love for me and for His people and that his ability to protect and provide far exceeds my plywood.
Ben McLeish ben@strochcc.org
Diaconal Ministries Director

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home