Friday, March 02, 2012

A Novel, a Tract, and a Movie

While on sabbatical I am having the leisure to read and to listen excellent books and articles. I highly recommend The Hammer of God, by Bo Giertz. I heard of it through Leland Ryken. It covers the ministry of three Lutheran ministers in Sweden in three different periods of history. Each episode demonstrates the power of the gospel to transform ministry and lives.

I've just finished listening to a recording of All of Grace, by Charles Spurgeon. This is a masterful evangelistic presentation of the gospel as told through a Reformed perspective. Here is a link to a pdf copy of the book.

Not part of my studies, but nevertheless very beneficial for marriage and addiction counseling, is an old movie starring Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby, and William Holden - The Country Girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home