Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Testimonies

Am reading the 17 testimonies from the summer New Members class. Always encouraging. The common pattern through most of them (and in the majority of testimonies over the years) is the influence of Christian parents, SS teachers, and Bible-centered churches. Another common theme, though not to the same extent, is the following pattern - I came to faith as a young child; when I entered high school or college I strayed; conviction of sin and/or hard experiences led me back to a deeper faith. The most common reason for straying is falling out of fellowship.

Another common pattern of testimonies in general is: I attended a nominal Christian church and viewed being a Christian in terms of living right; I finally heard the gospel and understood grace.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home