Thursday, August 11, 2011

Come to the Waters with James Boice

I have it here in front of me on my desk - Come to the Waters: Daily Bible Devotions for Spiritual Refreshment, the year-long devotional that takes you through the Bible, from the writings of James Montgomery Boice. And wait a minute! Who is the editor of this distinguished compilation? Why, it's none other than D. Marion Clark!


Seriously, though, I think this devotional fills an overdue gap in the genre. Think about it, what year-long devotionals can you name off the top of your head? Someone is thinking of Spurgeon's Morning and Evening. Somebody else just named Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest. Now there is a pause. Maybe someone can think of another, but nothing to match those two in reputation. I think this will take its place next to them on the devotional bookshelf. I've taken selections from most of Boice's writings, including unpublished material, so that all but four books of the Bible are covered by an entry. And you yourself can judge the quality of the material. But if you have already read or heard Boice, you know what to expect.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Am so grateful and very appreciative of your efforts with this. Looking forward to getting a copy as this provides just what I need for 2012!

2:46 PM  
Blogger dori said...

This sounds wonderful...not just for my personal use, but also to read to the residents I work with in a skilled card facility in Lancaster. Will it be available to purchase online?

5:31 PM  
Blogger M Clark said...

I'm sure you can order from whatever distributor you normally do.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Sara and Sebastien said...

Marion - I am so thankful for this new devotional book! I love the Romans 40-day study. Thank you!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Steve in Philly said...

After being immersed in a particularly challenging week of work it's encouraging to learn that the JMB 365 devotional is on its way. The Romans devotional was a huge blessing to me in a discouraging time after surgery a year ago, and has greatly blessed friends who 'ate it up' when they needed refreshment.
Great news!
Praise to God for His word, and for the servants He has called to spread it. Blessed by JMB's ministry for years, and now blessed again. Marion, bless you for this, congratulations, and THANK YOU!
Gratefully,
Steve Bachman

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home