Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sunday's Installation

I have the bulletin announcements in front of me for this Sunday. Let's see...

Oh, this is the Sunday of Liam's installation (I mean, induction). I probably should be planning for it. It will be in the evening service. Be sure to arrive before 6:15. None of the youth/children's programs will be meeting - Maranatha, Schola, Catechism Club, Bible ABC Club. There will, however, be nursery for ages 3 and under. I believe we are able to offer that because of volunteers from our daughter churches helping.


Mark Johnston, Senior Minister of Proclamation Presbyterian Church in Bryn Mawr will be the preacher. Being a fellow UK native, we thought Liam would be able to listen and follow along the service better. Phil Ryken will also participate and give the charge to the congregation. That's an opportunity every former minister would like: "Everything I wanted to tell you when I was your pastor but my wife wouldn't let me." Just kidding. I guess. Hhmm...what will he say?

Liam has asked me to give him his charge - an interesting request given that on his first Sunday he said publicly he wasn't going to listen to me. He might rue those words during the two weeks I am gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home