Tuesday, April 05, 2011

On the Road

Ginger and I are in South Carolina. It's a bit cool today, not getting out of the 60's, but we are promised that the weather will be warmer tomorrow. Tonight my brother is taking us to see a baseball game. The college national champions (my own South Carolina Gamecocks) are playing. Then we will ride up tomorrow to stay with one of my sisters in Pendleton, next door to Clemson, the hometown of Kathy Hobaugh and the school of Francis Swink.


This is not a vacation, but my annual study leave. From previous trips, I've written "Speaking the Truth in Love" and "What Matters," developed my website, and prepared the upcoming year-long devotional, Come to the Waters, from James Boice's writings. My project this year is a joint effort with Ginger. We are putting together in writing the counsel we give in our pre-marital sessions with couples that I am marrying.

I am also taking opportunity to enjoy southern cuisine. Last night had a delicious pimento cheese burger and for lunch today ate chicken (not fried though) with grits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home