Thursday, July 15, 2010

Praying with our partners

Today, remember Michael and Carol in your prayers as Michael teaches on prayer:

"Carol and I (Michael) really covet your prayers for this...journey...into the land of St Patrick and the land of my forefathers. Our Cassidy family tree goes back to about the 11th Century in Ireland, so I will feel some elemental chords ringing my spirit, as I always do, when I go to Ireland. It’s a very special place with absolutely lovely people. ...

"I will be delivering five Bible studies on Prayer. I have never before, strangely enough, done a whole series on Prayer but this seemed to be an insistent word of guidance in my spirit. So do pray for me.

  • Monday, July 12 Prayer as Worship, Confession and Thanksgiving (A Study in the Psalms).
  • Tuesday, July 13 Prayer for Personal Blessing (The Prayer of Jabez, 1 Chronicles 4:9-10).
  • Wednesday, July 14 The Lord’s Prayer as the Omnibus Prayer (Matthew 6:5-13).
  • Thursday, July 15 Prayer for the Church of Christ World Wide and Local (John 17).
  • Friday, July 16 Prayer for Effective Christian Ministry and Living (Colossians 1:3-14 plus Acts 4:24-31).
"I must confess feeling very inadequate indeed in coping with these awesome themes. I have worked hard to get both my messages and PowerPoints in place and am trusting the Lord will help it all to come together as I deliver them. One feels a big weight of responsibility with these sorts of assignment and one’s real need is to have a deep sense of the Holy Spirit’s anointing. Do please pray for this for me.

"I will be doing one other address for all of the staff and workers and speakers participating in the conference as a kind of spiritual exhortation for the week. Of course there are always many counseling opportunities as people come to be prayed for and ministered to. One needs good spiritual insight, perception and wisdom for such ministry."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home