Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Clark Curse Broken

Some of you know my record of attending Phillies games. In five years attending - about 15 games - I had never witnessed a Phillies win. Until Friday night. For the first eight innings it was a typical night for me, watching the Phillies get hammered. In the bottom of the ninth the score is 7-1. Across the aisle a woman is looking at her program, on the back of which is written, "This could be the games at which you say, 'I was at that game.' " All night it had cruelly mocked me. And then, as Bill Boone is my witness, while I remained in my seat, the Phillies made an improbable comeback, scoring six runs in the ninth and finishing it off in the tenth. And I was at that game! The curse is broken.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucas and Jean Hilliard said...

I'm so proud!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Judith Sue Mattson said...

Perhaps you shed some sweat at the game and that did the trick. At the very least, we are all relieved.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home