Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Indwelt

The poem Liam Goligher closed with on Sunday:


Indwelt, by Beatrice Clelland

Not merely in the words you say,
Not only in the deeds confessed,
But in the most unconscious way,
Is Christ expressed.

Is it a beatific smile,
A holy light upon the brow?
Oh no, I felt His presence while
You laughed just now.

For me, 'twas not the truth you taught,
To you so clear to me so dim,
But when you came to me you brought
A sense of Him.

And from your life He beckons me,
And from your heart His love is shed,
Till I lose sight of you and see
The Christ instead.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Susanna said...

thank you for posting!!!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Maxine said...

Thank you, Marion, for posting this. And I'd like to thank Liam for including this in his sermon. His delivery was so eloquent, as was his sermon. Now that is one poem, read by Liam, that I'd like to have on a CD.

Maxine

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you - I was hoping you'd do this. Thanks, too, for inviting Liam - we always enjoy hearing him - he's welcome anytime!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home