Friday, June 26, 2009

A Reputation to Pray For

I came across this quote from Dr. Boice this morning taken from his commentary on Romans (1:8):

I will tell you the kind of reputation I pray we might have at Tenth Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia. I pray that Tenth Presbyterian might be known as a church where people believe what God has told us in the Bible and then actually try to live by what they find there. I want Tenth to be a church known for strong faith in Jesus Christ, where people speak often, lovingly, and fearlessly of him. I want our church to be known for faith where God has placed us, not in some theoretical time or setting, but in the city of Philadelphia, demonstrating that Jesus is the answer to the city’s problems and the problems of those who live here. I want Tenth to be rock hard in faith, in adversity as well as in prosperity, when praised as well as when persecuted.
Boice, J. M. (1991-c1995). Romans (76). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home