Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dot is curious

Does anyone have access to any wedding pictures taken at Tenth prior to the current carpet? I'd like to see what the previous carpet looked like, which Gordon Palmer tells me was in a condition similar to that of our current carpet by the time it was replaced! Did you know that he was a former curator at the church and designed the current carpet? It was made by Philadelphia Carpet Company, owned by Ray Hunniford, another Tenth member at the time. That company made jacquard and wilton weave carpets. It is nice, but I know we are getting a different floor covering. More than that, I don't know, but I anticipate that we will soon (decisions coming up).

Clive and Millie Stockdale were the first couple to be married at Tenth after our current carpet was installed.

4 Comments:

Blogger s duggan said...

What year was the replacement made?

6:08 PM  
Blogger mim said...

Can we copy it. It's nice.

10:44 PM  
Blogger dori said...

We were married the week before PCRT in 1983...actually came back from the honeymoon early to attend it! I'll bring a photo Sun...(just no laughing at how young we looked!)

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Debbie Langford said...

I was married in 1985 and you can see the carpet in some of the shots. Let me know if you don't get what you need from Dori.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home