Monday, September 15, 2008

Watch His Feet!

I missed the morning services yesterday. I represented Tenth at the worship service of Korean United Church, whose people were celebrating their fortieth anniversary as a congregation. It was a wonderful experience.

So I missed the organ dedication. I did, however, make the Friday night concert. It was what I expected - glorious music played by a master organist. What I did not expect was the footwork displayed. Where I was seated, I could not see the projection screen easily. It wasn't until I was walking past the choir loft to help with the offering that I glanced over and saw Paul Jacobs playing the foot pedals as another keyboard! It was incredible.

Thanks to Paul Jones for all the work put into this concert and for seeing that Tenth has received such a fine instrument.

2 Comments:

Blogger s duggan said...

I agree, we could see the screens and it was like getting a ballet performance as well as a concert!!

Thank you for representing us at a sister church yesterday, the big question though is did you still get a Koop bow tie? and if so when will we get to see you in it? It was fun to see how well various of the pasotral staff mananged to pull off a bow tie. And of course great to hear Dr. Koop share part of his story with us.

12:04 PM  
Blogger M Clark said...

Alas, those ties were borrowed ties.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home