Monday, September 22, 2008

Schola Start

(I lifted this email sent from Schola Cantorum's director Missy Strong to her volunteer staff.)

Greetings to Everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for making the first night of Schola a real success. We had at least 64 students, which is the largest attendance number we've had (at least according to my poor memory!) Considering we lost a few students from last year, I think it is wonderful that we had so many kids show up.

I thank the Lord for every one of you working with the kids. I know first hand how difficult it is when we all have such busy lives, so thanks for your time and faithfulness in serving God in this way. Thanks also to Marion & Pat for coming over, it's great to have you seeing what's going on & is an encouragement to the staff & students.

Paul Reese & I were remarking about how wonderful the new 2nd & 3rd graders sounded. We agreed that this is a direct result, at least in part, of the work that has started in Praisemakers. Kelly also had a great experience with the new 1st graders in training choir. She said that they not only behaved well, but they sounded beautiful. I get excited when I think of a new generation coming up in the church that can sing to the Lord with both competence & confidence, but I'm geeky like that :)

My continued prayers are with you, the students and all that God is doing through Praisemakers & Schola.

Missy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home