Monday, December 04, 2006

A Christian Home

I'm editing testimonies for the new member's reception this Sunday and thought you would like to read this unedited version:

I was raised in a Christian home and it was a practice of my parents to have family devotions each evening. They'd read us Bible stories and lead us into prayer before sending us to bed. It was through this that I was introduced to God's Word and the concept of him being my Heavenly Father as well as Jesus saving me from my sins.

My parents also have the habit of having their own quiet times, and it wouldn't be uncommon for me to head over to their room early in the morning and find one of them in prayer, or reading a Bible. I would sit by my mom during her quiet time and she would read out to me the passage she was meditating on. It was during one of these quiet times that I asked her why she was doing it. She explained to me about her personal relationship with Christ, and how he saved her. She told me more about being a Christian, and I then asked her if I could also be a Christian. That morning I asked God to forgive me for my sins and asked him into my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home