Monday, November 27, 2006

Army-Navy

Hi Marion,
I was wondering if "Army/Navy" fervor has hit Tenth? Not only does our great city get to host this event, but there is a sort of "in-house" rivalry in the congregation as well. Aaron's brother-in-law is a Naval Academy graduate, so of course he is rooting for Navy....but with two current West Point Cadets who are Tenth members (Jeremy Brandenburg, senior & Colin Baggs, sophomore), the competition indeed hits close to home!:-)

Colin will be down Friday with the Spirit Band for the Army/Navy pep rally which will be at Liberty Place, 16th & Chestnut Sts., at noon. It would be great for Colin to see some familiar faces at the pep rally, no matter who they're rooting for! He plays the clarinet...since the Cadets all dress alike the instrument may be the only way to identify him!
:-))) Dori

Does anyone remember the Sunday I announced from the pulpit that Dr. Boice instructed me to congratulate the Army visitors for winning the game? I said I refused to because my father was a Navy man. Then Dr. Boice got up, announced his father was an Army man and then congratulated them. I'm trying to remember what Carroll said about his father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home