Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Computer Services

I'm a Drexel student graduating within the year, having been studying Management Information Systems, and had been working part time at one of my previous co-ops for a couple years now to make ends meet. Recently, however, my hours have been cut, and I decided I would go back to doing what I used to do before coming to Philadelphia: IT consulting and computer help for individuals and small businesses. I can do everything from setting up a new computer, or ridding it of spyware, adware, and viruses, to more complex stuff like implementing VPNs, doing security audits, and co-ordinating infrastructure upgrades. My rates are pretty competitive, and I would really enjoy the opportunity to get to know other Tenth members as I get them up and running. Anyone interested, or who would like to see my résumé, can send me an e-mail at jrm52@drexel.edu. Alternately, you can hunt for the crowd of tall Drexel guys on Sunday morning and ask for the one who knows about computers :-)

-Jordan McClead

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about posting your resume online? However, exercise proper caution:

1. No reverse-searchable phone number: cell phone or untraceable numbers only.

2. No home address; postal mailing address at the most.

3. Without overdoing it, nonetheless be cautious about every unknown caller or contact, no matter how polished they might seem.

5. No home address or traceable numbers for references listed on your resume, unless they approve and are aware of the potential risks associated with publication.

Hope it goes well. Tried temp agencies, too? With your skills perhaps you could get some good jobs fast.

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I need to revise #5:

No references data should appear at all unless they approve and are aware of the potential risks of publication, since merely publishing a name could expose them to things ranging from spam to security related matters.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home