Monday, March 27, 2006

Study Leave Results

Thank you to all who were praying for me during my two-week study leave. It was very productive. I have written twelve 10-minute talks on the subject of communicating and ministering in the church. I hope to have them recorded and posted on the church website within a couple of weeks, along with written manuscript as well.

I am now thinking of further use to make of them. One thought is to conduct on online class using the materials - perhaps a half-hour or one hour long segment each. I'll be asking Tobias and John about it. If you have ideas, let me know. Sunday's Tenth Press article will give a fuller explanation of the contents. But I'll go ahead and list the table of contents now.

Introduction – Speaking the Truth in Love
1. Encourage
2. Speak the Whole Truth
3. Listen
4. Inquire
5. Address Behavior Not Speculated Motive
6. Consider Fears and Joys
7. Thoughtful Speech
8. Honesty
9. Theologically Correct
10. Know Yourself
Conclusion – The Process Matters

1 Comments:

Blogger JesseHubley said...

These look like very relevant and practical topics for any Christian. I am looking forward to hearing (or seeing) each talk!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home