Friday, March 31, 2006

It Doesn't Get Any Better...

What a beautiful day! I got a great night's rest. Enjoyed the fresh air of the morning and walked in to find Quill chocolate chip cookies at the receptionist's desk before Pat Canavan could steal them.

What a fitting follow up to last night. At 4:10 I said to Jonathan, "Let's go to Madison Square Garden."

"You serious?"

"You say you'll go and I will get the tickets."

He calls his wife; I call my wife, and by 5:00 we are on the train. (Are they great or what! And thanks, Carroll, for the drop off.)

By 7:00, with burgers and fries in our laps we are watching South Carolina dismantle Michigan in the NIT Championship game, 76-64, becoming only the second team to win back-to-back NIT championships. And as if that were not enough, the team we beat last year was Pat Canavan's St. Joseph's; this year's Jonathan's and Rick Phillips' Michigan. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home