Friday, January 27, 2006

Hymns and Providence

One good way to prepare for Sunday worship is to read the hymn texts. By the very nature of the way hymns are printed in the hymnbook, it can be difficult to get the full impact of the text. Sometimes even the melody will obscure a phrase by bringing a pause at the wrong time. The worship bulletin is posted every Friday on the church website and you can find the hymn numbers there. For this Sunday, I'll give you the hymns now:

32 - Great is Thy Faithfulness
85 - The Lord's My Shepherd
585 - Take My Life, and Let It Be

(Note: I marvel at the providence of God. "Great is Thy Faithfulness" was selected at least ten days ago (saw it on my email). When I asked Elmer Snethen if Sherry had any favorite hymns, he immediately said "Great is Thy Faithfulness.")

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this suggestion, Marion, and to Alex for the great web site of hymns. When I read "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" on Saturday, a wave of peace came over me. Hymns are wonderful.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home