Monday, December 05, 2005

An Encouraging Word

I've posted below my discouragement about the church. Here is an email that came in this morning which expresses why my encouragement about the church is so much greater. Since


To the Tenth community and leaders,
... I am a sophomore at University of the Sciences in West Philly. Thank you for providing a strong and solid church where I can significantly learn and grow; in the simplest terms: Thank you for doing what you do, and thank you for doing it so well. I lead Young Life, a ministry to high school kids, in Upper Darby and I know how nice it is to get a word of encouragement on occasion. I thought that you guys might like it too.
I was raised as a Catholic and as I got older and began reading the Bible for myself, I found a few things with the Church that I did not find to be completely Biblical; however, I wasn't too charismatic so I didn't enjoy the non denominational churchs that my Christian friends attend. I enjoy tradition and hymns because those were the things that I have always associated with Church. I am very thankful that when I came to Philadelphia I was lead to your church: a church deeply rooted in the Bible with a strong history to give it structure. It has been a blessing for me to be able to worship with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home