Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Another Encouraging Word

This was emailed to me this week:

I was raised Catholic and even spent some time at the local seminary. Finding myself not suited to celibacy I left and spent some years of religious wandering. During my wandering I would listen to the Bible Study Hour and Dr. Boice.... I was finally led to a church in Philadelphia where I finally accepted Jesus as my personal savior. After awhile I began looking for more. I began reading some of Dr Boice's books as well as Richard Philips and R.C. Sproul...I wanted a church where the Gospel was preached without compromise and where worship was reverent and there was adult education offered. I found all this at Tenth.

My wife and I really like Dr. Ryken's preaching, and we look forward to attending the adult study on the history of Presbyterianism this coming Sunday. I hope that the next time the new members class is offered I will be in that class. You have a real "gem" in Tenth and I consider myself lucky to have found it. I also want to say that I really enjoy your blog so I hope you continue it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home