Monday, November 14, 2005

Hey, Buddy, Can You Spare 68 Cents?

Scene: (Aaron Messner and Phil Ryken riding to presbytery in Quakertown; Aaron is driving)

Phil: Gee, I forgot my wallet. You do have money for the toll?
Aaron: I was hoping you'd have some. All I've got is 82 cents.

Scene: (They get to the ticket booths; Aaron accidentally goes through the EZ pass lane. They drive on and finally come to the exit booth.)

Booth operator: Ticket, please.
Aaron: We don't have a ticket.
Operator: (Sighs) Then where did you get on.
Phil: We don't know. We came from Philadelphia.
Operator: Then you got on the Mid-County Exit. Okay, well just pay the toll. That will be $1.50.
Aaron: (Holds out his hands with change.) All I've got is 82 cents. Can you take a credit card?
Operator: No, but I can take a personal check.
Aaron: I don't have a check.
Operator: (Sighs; he then closes down his booth, redirects traffic, and calls his supervisor) All right, let me see your drivers license.
(Aaron shows him the license still in his wallet.)
Operator: No, no. Take it out of your wallet.
(Aaron then drops the license outside the window. Gets out and hands to operator. Finally, they leave wiser and humbler with a form to fill out and only an extra $1 to send in.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when I was in college. I was driving home from an afternoon class, and I pulled up to the toll booth on the Garden State Parkway. I didn't have the 25 cents toll (that's right, the 25 cents toll--it was a looooong time ago. The toll booth guy sighed, muttered with chagrin that he had daughters, and waved me through.

2:49 PM  
Blogger pdug said...

"take no money in your bag"

2:49 PM  
Blogger Chuck Boyce said...

two words:

Easy Pass

:-)

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, we can all be assured it won't happen again, as that was the last time driving out of town for presbytery!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's actually 2 initials and a word: EZ Pass :)

But it is handy!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Chuck Boyce said...

:-)

8:29 AM  
Blogger JesseHubley said...

I concur... EZ Pass is probably the greatest invention since the printing press! ;-)

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home