Wednesday, May 25, 2005

From the Field

This came in from our missionary Rich Wolfe, who used to be the youth minister at Tenth:

I was privileged to teach on “Leadership” twice in Jamaica for a week. Then after returning I taught a men’s retreat for a local church on “Grace Alive in Us”. I was reminded of the great importance of the Bible being the foundation for all we do and who we become. Everything in life falls under the rule of Scripture—just as everything is to be submitted to the Lordship of Christ. One of the most profitable exercises I ever went through was writing out my calling and philosophy of ministry. Twenty-two pages later I summarized my calling as following: “I am called to develop leaders through teaching and mentoring in the context of a team.” I thank the Lord for opportunities to teach, mentor and develop leaders.

Q. 2. What rule hath God given to direct us how we may glorify and enjoy him?
A. The word of God, which is contained in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments(c), is the only rule to direct us how we may glorify and enjoy himd.

c 2 Tim. 3:16 d 1 John 1:3,4

Q. 3. What do the scriptures principally teach?
A. The scriptures principally teach what man is to believe concerning God, and what duty God requires of man (e).

e 2 Tim. 1:13 (See in letter c above)

Thank you for your prayers!

Rev. Dr. Richard Wolfe
MTW--Regional Director for Central America
and the Caribbean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home