Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Apt Apps

Someone emailed me asking for the best Bible app - as if I would know. So I asked some guys who would know. Here are their responses:


I use YouVersion for reading (syncs its reading plans well with website and other devices) and Logos for study (syncs with the desktop program).

As far as just a plain, no-frills Bible app goes, the ESV app from Crossway is quite beautiful and functional.
I'm assuming you mean on a mobile device.  Like print Bibles, it depends on the goal for it.  It also depends on the platform - iOS(iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)  vs. Android vs. all the rest.  That having been said, for iPhone/iPad, I very much like the Reformation Study Bible (ESV w/study notes) from Ligonier. When I want other translations I use the "YouVersion" Bible, which is free, has a multitude of translations, a social aspect etc. The ESV Study Bible app is supposed to be good, but I have not tried it. There is also the "Glo" Bible, which is ok as an app, but the desktop version has an interface more geared toward analytic and "data discovery" thought process which appeals to me, since that's how I'm making my bread and butter these days. Watch the videos at that site to get an idea of the power of the app. It's not like anything you've used before. I mention that because when you license the desktop app, you unlock functionality on the iPhone version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home