Monday, November 14, 2011

From ACTS Thanksgiving Community Dinner

On most second Sundays, I find myself thinking, "where are the new volunteers?" Yesterday there were many. Here are samples of conversation.
Me (to new host): Thank you for signing up.
Tenth member: I've wanted to serve in the ministry, but waited until now. I don’t know why I waited.
Me (to the over 45 wait-staff from Southwood Baptist Church, Woodbury): You outdid your youth group! Thank you for your zeal.
Southwood: Thank you for letting us serve.

Me (to a new volunteer): Thanks for helping. It means a lot.
New attender: You are welcome. I serve because I am grateful to God.
All the above were new to the ministry, were filled with the joy of service, and committed to return. Have you wanted to be involved, but haven't taken that step? Now is the time. The Community Dinner needs worship ushers, security persons, and table hosts. Contact dapple@tenth.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home