Thursday, October 27, 2011

Skype Bible Study

I would like to hold a pilot Bible study with up to ten people in the group. I would like to have one meeting next Thursday, November 3, from 9:00am to 10am EST. The location would be in your home or office or wherever you would be using your computer. You would need to download Skype and have a video camera. I bought mine at Radio Shack. They range from $30-60. The Skype download is free. I just had a group conference call with my daughter and son-in-law as they sat on different sides of a room using separate computers. (I know, I'm working with them on their communication problems.) Anyhow, they did not need to pay for the conferencing feature.

Are there nine of you out there willing to join in on this experiment? You don't have to be a Tenth member or in the state or the country, for that matter. Let me know by email. My Skype name is mg79clark.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Voorhis said...

There are other free group video chat options available, such as tinychat and Google Hangouts. Participants would need to purchase a web cam of they want to participate with live video, however people can usually still participate via audio only or text chat if they don't want to shell out for a webcam. You may want to Google around a little for other services, or I can ask some the folks in the National Church IT group I'm part of what they use. Finally, NEVER buy from Radio Shack, use Amazon and check their reviews and ratings instead.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Jessie Yang said...

you can get video cameras a lot cheaper on Amazon. We got ours for about $8.00 or less. Per discussions w/techie friends, there's not a whole lot of difference in cameras for this type of application. (But still good to use reviews).

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home