Monday, August 29, 2011

Disrupted Giving

The church buildings held up well under the storm. No significant damage. One thing to consider, though, is the impact on the church budget. Most donations are given in the worship services, and missing three services means a hit to the budget. This is not a problem for disciplined tithers who simply make it up the next time in church. Most people, however, are not disciplined in giving and do not think about catching up in their giving. If you are in that latter group, now may be the time to consider before the Lord how to be disciplined in your giving. I personally have trouble in this area, and the way I solved my problem
is to do most of my giving through bank checks. I have set up through my bank regular payments, including how they are to be dispersed among Tenth's three budgets. I say "most of my giving" is done this way. I then leave a smaller portion to give on Sunday and to causes throughout the year. This system allows me to assure that I give my full tithe, while also being able to make an offering each Sunday service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home