Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Thoughts on Liam

Members of the Pastoral Selection Committee were asked to give their thoughts on the nominee and the selection process. This one comes from George McFarland, chairman of the committee.
One of the things I am continuing to learn in this process is to trust the Lord and “lean not on my own understanding” (Proverbs 3:5, 6). This was very apparent after three of us met Liam on July 11. Even though I had a certain inward sense that he was a very good candidate, if not the candidate, I had to realize that only the Lord could direct him to Tenth and that the Lord may have other plans for Tenth beyond my understanding. I made it a matter of special prayer to pray for Liam as well as the ongoing process and that the Lord would specifically show Liam as well as each of the committee members in time about the Lord’s best for Tenth. I am amazed how all of this has worked out so “quickly.”  The Puritans referred to God’s providences as a “web,” and we can appreciate that when we see how carefully only God could piece this together. I am grateful to those who have faithfully prayed for these steps, including Phil Ryken who prayed at his last Session meeting that the Lord would chose quickly to bring his servant to Tenth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home