Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Shopping Simplified

Some people I know love Christmas shopping. I don't, at least not in traditional ways. I go into a store with good intentions and immediately start asking Why questions--why do I think this person needs another fill-in-the-blank? (And truth be told, most people I know don't need anything for Christmas because as a country we're already swimming in stuff.)

I do love Christmas shopping in simple, non-traditional ways by supporting fair trade and ministries. One of the most convenient ways to do this is by making donations to New Hope Liberia through their Christmas fundraiser for education. Last night before evening service, I stopped by the table, wrote out a check, and walked away with a couple of cards explaining the gifts. What could be simpler than that?

Don't miss out on an opportunity to simplify your Christmas shopping while caring for our brothers and sisters around the world. The New Hope Liberia table will be open on Sundays until Christmas, so stop by and check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home