Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A whole new outlook

This is from a recent letter from African Enterprise, concerning God's work in the life of one woman and her family who were impacted by our Easter Sacrificial Offering.

Vida is a woman who has a whole new outlook, thanks to your generosity and prayers.

Vida thought life was going pretty well, until her husband divorced her. This left her with three young children in a small village with few job prospects.

What was she to do? No one was able to help her. And she was facing starvation and a dim future for her family. Since her village was not far from the big city of Accra, in Ghana, she moved there to look for a job. But she had no marketable job skills. Her search for employment was just an exercise in discouragement and futility.


So, desperate for some way to provide for her beloved children, she resorted to prostitution. Even here, though, she said, "I could not make enough money and I became frustrated to the point of ending my life. But then I heard about African Enterprise."

Vida found out about the vocational training we offer to women like her in Accra. Our team taught her to make soap which she could sell. Beyond that, she says, "I now have Jesus Christ as my Savior. And I have a business which is giving me money to be able to take care of myself and my children. I am grateful to God and to AE for transforming my life!"

Won't you praise God with me for the astonishing transformation our Lord has brought about in Vida's life? This couldn't have happened if we didn't have the resources you provide to enable us to keep our vocational outreach programs going. So thank you again for partnering with us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home