Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Young Boice

I preached my first sermon when I was thirteen years old, and the text I preached on was the one to which I have now come in this verse-by-verse exposition of Ephesians (6:10-12). I preached that first sermon with visual aids. I played football at the time. So I brought my football equipment into the pulpit and held it up as I developed the parts of the sermon. When I talked about the “breastplate of righteousness” I held up my shoulder pads. When I talked about the “helmet of salvation” I held up my helmet. So it went through the other parts of the Christian soldier’s armor. I can visualize how that sermon went, because I had my notes taped to the back of the pieces of my uniform.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If there were a "like" button, I would like this. Wonderful reminder of the strength of God's Word.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home